Radon Testing…why it could save your life!

Home / Blog / Radon Testing…why it could save your life!

A red and black picture of a building

Radon Testing…why it could save your life!

You can’t see Radon. You can’t smell it or taste it either. But it could silently be lurking in your home.
Radon is estimated to cause thousands of deaths each year. The Surgeon General has warned that Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States today. Smoking is the number one leading cause of lung cancer; so if you smoke and have Radon gas in your home, your risk is especially high!
Radon is found all over the United States. There is no one place where its levels are higher or where you are more at risk; Radon can be found in any type of building; including your home, school or office.
Radon is a radioactive gas. It comes from the natural decay of uranium that is found in nearly all soils. It typically moves up through the ground to the air above, and into your home through cracks and other holes in the foundation. Your home traps Radon inside, where it can build up. Any home can have a Radon problem. This means new and old homes, well-sealed and drafty homes, and homes with or without basements.
Testing is the only way to know if you have high levels of Radon in your home. Radon testing is inexpensive and results can be calculated within 48 hours of the test being performed. Radon reduction systems work and they are not unreasonably expensive. Some Radon reduction systems can reduce Radon levels in your home by up to 99%, so even very high levels can be reduced to acceptable levels.
The most effective method of testing for Radon is to use a Continuous Radon Monitor, they are calibrated and maintained to make sure they are the most accurate on the market. Make sure a certified Radon Technician performs a Radon test on your home.


National Building Inspection’s Radon Certification Number 103151 RT

National Building Inspections